Vacation responders automatically respond to any email that is received to a email address with a specified pre-set message. They are useful for when a person is unavailable to respond in a timely manner to an email and allows the recipient to be informed of how they can get in contact with another individual or when they can expect a response.
- Open Gmail and click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- In the Quick Settings menu, click on the “See all settings” button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the General Settings page.
- Click on “Vacation responder on” in the Vacation responder section.
- Enter the days, subject and message for the vacation responder and once done, click “Save Changes”