Passcodes on the Apple Watch are a simple but effective method of securing your device against thieves. Passcodes can be enabled and disabled from both the connected iPhone and the watch itself, but both methods require the watch to be present while setting the passcode.
Method 1: Apple Watch
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down near the bottom and tap on Passcode.
- On that menu, tap the “Turn Passcode Off” and click “Turn Off”
- You will be prompted to enter the current password.
- Your Apple Watch should now have the password disabled.
Method 2: iPhone’s Watch App
- Open the Watch app on a connected iPhone device.
- Scroll down and open the Password Settings
- Tap “Turn Passcode Off”
- A popup alert will appear to confirm that you want to remove the password. Tap “Turn Off Passcode Lock” to confirm.
- Enter the current passcode.
- Your Apple Watch should now have the passcode disabled.